Emergency Medicine Jobs in Chicago
Monday · June 1, 2020
1 Job in The Windy City
Photo: World famous Chicago Theater since 1921.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Rockford) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- A Resource Hospital for 25 fire/ambulance/rescue services in six counties serving Northern Illinois.
- 70 hours of daily APP coverage.
- EMS staff run the American Heart Association Training Center which provides an active schedule of CPR, Acls and Pals courses to multiple regional hospitals.
- Stroke and Chest Pain Center.
- Infinity HealthCare/Envision Physician Services is currently seeking an EMS Medical Director to join our team at SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, Illinois.
- They have been providing high quality EMS services to the community of Rockford since 1978.
- The facility is the largest and most modern emergency and Level II trauma center in the region with forty (40) individual treatment rooms, digital X-Ray capabilities linked across the entire Health System, as well as on-site CT scanning.
- Accreditation of EMS Continuing Education through the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (Cecbems).
- It has been named one of the nation's best cardiac programs by HealthGrades.
- State of Illinois recognition as an ED Approved for Pediatrics (Edap).
- In 2001, the hospital joined forces with Midtown District, Zion Development, Habitat for Humanity and the City of Rockford to reinvigorate this segment of the community.
- In addition, it serves as a clinical rotation site for multiple PA programs.
- Emergency Department.
- The emergency physicians serve as Preceptors for the Family Practice residents in training.
- The ED has consistently ranked as one of the busiest in Illinois.
- 9 and 10-hour shifts.
- EMS Department.
- SwedishAmerican has been honored numerous times over the past decade for accomplishments in quality improvement, including national recognition as a Top 100 Hospital, winner of the Lincoln Award for Excellence and the United States Today National Quality Cup.
- 313 In-patient beds.
- National accreditation of the paramedic program through the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs (Caahep).
- The chemical decontamination room was the first in northern Illinois.
- Use of I-Stan, a state-of-the-art tool for patient training scenarios and extensive training for the EMS staff.
- 48 hours of daily physician coverage.
- SwedishAmerican Hospital is a division of UW Health- the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- A new main entrance to the hospital was built, as well as two multi-story medical office buildings, renovation and a new entrance for the Regional Cancer Center, rerouting of a major city street to form a contiguous campus and a new Emergency Department.
- Candidates must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
- SwedishAmerican Hospital has serviced the Rockford community and surrounding area from the same location for over 95 years.
- First in the region to introduce prehospital 12-lead EKGs and the Continuous Chest Compression Project and trained all associated personnel.
- EMS Resource Hospital.
- EMS stall also provides over 5,000 continuing education hours to regional EMS providers.
- 65,000 annual volume.
- Work is in progress for new owner-occupied homes, a new neighborhood park and sites for commercial development.
- The new construction has served as a catalyst for neighborhood redevelopment.
- Level II Trauma Center.
- SwedishAmerican Hospital serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine in Rockford.
- Infinity HealthCare has been staffing and managing the ED since August of 2003.
This perm job opening was posted
10 days ago
by Envision Physician Services