Emergency Medicine Jobs in Chicago
Thursday · July 19, 2018
1 Job in The Windy City
Photo: World famous Chicago Theater since 1921.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Chicago) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Supervise clinical services provided by all program staff and provide in-service education programs as necessary.
- Medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.
- VP of Quality if modifications to the QSP are needed to ensure compliance with local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
- Communicate with new patient referring physicians via phone calls and written communication of treatment plan and progress.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Support the joint effort of Healogics.
- Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
- Paid Wound Care & HBO Therapy training is provided.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
- Adapt to corporate and industry changes as necessary.
- And Hospital, enhance the marketability of the wound care program through community education.
- Provide a high level of quality clinical care to patients.
- In cooperation with Healogics.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing clinical education programs, including competency evaluations.
- Conduct and lead the program's weekly Leadership Meeting.
- And support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Serve as an educational resource for the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Support implementation of the Healogics.
- Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
- This includes collaboration with Healogics.
- In cooperation with hospital administration and company policies, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital's Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- Act as an advocate for the WCC.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics.
- Must be licensed in the state for which you are applying.
- To enhance visibility of the WCC.
- And encourage patient referrals from the local medical community.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- And Hospital in drafting and implementing an annual business plan.
- Adhere to appropriate billing and coding practices.
- The position is best suited to a physician executive with a strong desire to focus their practice in wound care with the ability to not only provide clinical care to patients, but to serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Understand the Clinical Practice Guidelines and adherence to standard of care.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Chicago, IL.
- Resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
- Support the program's requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Complete all documentation and coding on the date of service, complying with all governmental and private payor regulations.
- Participate and lead the program's medical surveillance review and performance improvement process.
- Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
- MD or DO.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Act with integrity as related to the corporate code of ethics in all actions representing the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as required by the Regional Medical Director, Area Vice President and corporate officers.
- Must be BC/BE.
- Participate in hospital administrative meetings as necessary, including the Annual Business Review.
- Work effectively with Healogics colleagues and partner hospitals.
- Facilitate adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies.
- Check email correspondence daily and respond.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago